Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Body Shop – Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil



If you're prioritising where to spend money on skincare, then I personally feel it makes sense to spend on the products that stay on your face (serums, moisturisers etc.) and save on the ones that don't. With this in mind I've been looking at various high street makeup removers, and the Camomile Cleansing Oil by The Body Shop has been on my 'to try' list for a long time. It is only £11 for 200ml and frequently receives rave reviews from beauty journalists and bloggers.

THE PRODUCT
The Body Shop website states that this cleanser will effortlessly remove makeup from the whole face quickly and effectively. It also states that it is suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers.

APPLICATION
I have normal/combination skin and find this product removes all my makeup (including waterproof mascara) very easily. It dissolves makeup on its own and then you can add water and use a face cloth to remove everything quickly. If you are lazy about makeup removal and resort to using the dreaded wipes, I would encourage you to try this instead. It makes the whole process incredibly hassle-free, no matter how late at night it is or how many glasses of wine you have consumed!

RESULTS
Regardless of how much or how little makeup I am wearing this cleanser always does a great job. I think it would be suitable for any skin type – even oily skin – as it removes makeup thoroughly and leaves no trace of oiliness when followed by a cleanser.

THE VERDICT
Fantastic value for money, I've been using it for several months now and I'm not even a third of the way through the bottle. The only downside is that it is not ideal for travel. I have taken it on several trips and even when the pump has been turned to the closed position, I still find an oily film coating all the cosmetics in my wash bag! The Clinique Take Off The Day Cleansing Balm is definitely better suited for travel as it is a solid balm.

£11 for 200ml, www.thebodyshop.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment