Saturday 17 October 2015

That autumn feeling...


I am a fan of this time of year. I like snuggly evenings, fleecy pyjamas, leaves falling, candles burning and good tv (Sherlock, Luther and Peaky Blinders are all back soon. Eeek!) So I thought I'd share a few of the things that are giving me that autumn feeling.

First, candles. I know it hasn't been that long since my last candle post but that's because burning candles in the autumn and the in the run up to Christmas is one of my favourite activities. Some may say that I need a hobby!

   £34-44 for a two or three wick candle

£17.49 for the mosaic crackle glass 10oz 

Woodwick's Pumpkin Butter is a yummy autumnal scent. Obviously, pumpkin is an ingredient but there are spicy notes in there too. Because of this, it's the perfect autumn to winter combination. I'm not going to lie, it is expensive but there are good deals on Amazon and despite burning it nightly, it lasted from September to February last year. 

However, Jo Malone's Incense and Embers is a great companion. 

£42 for 200g 

It is one of the Home Candles, which was designed as one of four candles that represents aspects of a Sunday. From the name, this is the Sunday evening, around the fire. The smokey embers scent, mixed with amber makes it seem as if I have installed a fire place in the living room. 

On the subject of Jo Malone, I have been wearing Blue Agava and Cacao Body Creme and Cologne. It's a rich scent that suits colder weather and it always gets good reviews when I wear it! 

£42 for 30ml Cologne 
£50 for 175ml Body Creme 

It reminds me of coco butter but is a far more sophisticated than my description! Sea salt mixed with cacao (raw chocolate) cinnamon, grapefruit and blue agava flower makes this the best smelling type of coco butter ever! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment