Monday 19 January 2015

Balance Me – Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm


As you will know by now, we are devoting January to looking at a healthier approach to beauty. Kay wrote this post about the not-so-pleasant ingredients that can crop up in some products and, after reading it, I thought it would be a good time to review a cleanser that has been in my rotation for a while. It is a great cleanser and most importantly it is free from the kind of ingredients that many of us try and avoid.

TYPE OF PRODUCT

Cleansing balm for normal to dry/sensitive skin

INITIAL THOUGHTS

I received a selection of Balance Me samples at an event last year. This UK brand has won several awards and its products contain no parabens, sulphates, petroleum, mineral oils, silicones, artificial fragrances and colours, or other nasties. You can find a full ingredients list on the website which is another bonus.

APPLICATION

Massage a small amount of the balm into your face for 30 seconds. Add water and continue massaging for a further 30 seconds, before removing any residue with a warm cloth. A cloth is provided but I prefer my usual white flannels; they are better at removing residue and I can grab a clean one every day.

If you haven't used a cleansing balm before, it might feel a little oily initially – not what you want if you are trying to avoid breakouts – but it massages beautifully into the skin and trust me, it does a great job.

THOUGHTS

This is a very effective cleanser and feels nourishing for the skin. It contains fine oat powder to smooth the skin yet I find it gentle enough to use around the eye area. I typically use it as a second cleanse and it removes any remaining, stubborn makeup effectively. It leaves your skin feeling thoroughly cleansed and ready for any serums/moisturisers, although I prefer to use a toner on a cotton pad in between, to ensure that all traces of the cleanser are removed. I love that the brand use natural ingredients and the products are great value for money.

REPURCHASE?

By the time I was halfway through the 15ml sample (which lasted a surprisingly long time!) I had already ordered a full size tube. Delivery from the Balance Me website is quick, you build up discounts as you purchase, and I even received a free sample of their Radiance Face Oil. You can buy the sample sizes too, which I think is a reflection of the brand’s confidence in their products – the perfect way to try before you buy and ideal for travel.

I think that my more recent discover of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser might just beat this one for me, but both are great cleansers and worth a look if, like us, you are paying attention to the ingredients in your products.

£20 for 125ml

www.balanceme.co.uk 

0 comments:

Post a Comment