Tuesday 11 August 2015

Hand Luggage Essentials

Hand luggage tends to be the last thing that I pack but having the stuff that makes travelling a more relaxing experience, is worthwhile thinking about. So here a few tips to get you organised.

Select the right bag:
My criteria tends to be: big, comfortable to hold, have at least one compartment and a summery colour. It is usually something that I will want to use on holiday, either as day bag or beach bag.



Anti Viral/Anti Bacterial:
Boots do a really good one and you can buy this in the terminal. I do not want to catch a horrible cold or worse, vomming on holiday, so this is a must for me.




Lip Balm:
Carmex is my go to.

Skincare:
I buy travel bottles, label them up and make sure that I have all my favourites with me on the plane. Giving yourself a little spritz of toner on the plane is refreshing and good for the skin. However, on occasion, I have accidentally sprayed the nice passenger next me! Ooops, sorry... however really they should be thanking me as their skin will look great! If you want more tips on keeping skin looking it's best while travelling you can read Jen's long-haul flight skincare routine here.


Face wipes:
I typically hate make up wipes but long flights are the exception to the rule. If you really must use them Ole Henriksen is your go to brand. They aren't harsh or filled with grotty, drying properties.



Hand cream:
Decant some before you leave or buy in the airport, especially if you a bit OCD with the anti viral.


Water:
Buy two big bottles and ensure that you hydrate throughout the flight (the champagne doesn't count!)

Magazines/New Book
Pick carefully. Do some research so that you are looking forward to reading that new release that book bloggers have been recommending. It will make the flight go a little quicker. When it comes to magazines, I'm a little odd about which one I pick. I find that the ones that plaster their pages with 'Being single after the age of 35' or how everyone should have a 'Bikini Ready Body' make me roll my eyes!

Eye mask/pillow/favourite fluffy to help you to snooze:
I bring my stuffed monkey....why would I not?



Valuables:
Take them with you in your hand luggage, don't pack anything into your suitcase that could cause serious problems if your luggage goes missing. 

Snacks:
My boyfriend will tell me that he wont be hungry on the plane. Oh how funny he is! He will be and will try to eat my dinner as well as his own. I go to W.H Smiths and stock up on healthy snacks that wont cause a huge sugar crash. Things like dark chocolate covered corn cakes, dried fruit (although sugary, it's better than a box of Dairy Milk!) and Naked Bars will keep people going in between plane food.

What are your hand-luggage essentials? We would love to know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment