Saturday 20 June 2015

Summer Nails!

From left to right: Essence, Essie's blanc, Sephora's Formula X in Hercules, Clinique's Hi Sweetie, OPI's Drip Dry drops and Sally Hansen's 220 Cafe A Lait

Off the back of Jen's Christian Louboutin nail varnish post, I have been busting out my summer shades. I'm not one for nail art, not because I don't like it but because I do not have the patience or co-ordination to be creative. However, I love colours and bright nails make me happy! 


1. White: Classic, somewhat classy, beautiful with a tan and seems to be ever so popular with brides this summer. Move over French Manicure. However, be careful with top coats. Some can turn the white a bit beige or even a light pink. Pretty but not the white that you started with.

Essie's 'blanc'

2. Hot Pink: This will always be my favourite. Any variation from a reddy pink to a true fuchsia.

3. Nude: This is a good one for travelling when you don't mind if your nails get a little chipped from lifting cases (and carrying duty free shopping bags) because it gives nails a bit of umph without being obvious and, therefore, the chips aren't obvious either.

4. Orange: There are two times of year that I wear orange colours: Summer and Halloween. If I can resemble a Caribbean island and a pumpkin, then I'm happy.

Christian Louboutin's Escatin

5. Gloss it: Can't be bothered with the upkeep on holiday? Use a nice top coat and gloss up your nails. Bourjois 1Seconde Top Coat is my favourite.  Long lasting and gives a gel look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment