Friday 5 June 2015

Sugar Free June: Quick and Easy Yummy Snacks



Craving sugar is a natural process. Hormones, stress, tiredness or our bodies going sugar cold turkey will prompt a craving or two. 
Luckily, there are few snack options that help the process. For a special treat, I have a few scoops of Booja Booja's Hunky Punky Chocolate ice cream. It tastes very rich and creamy. Best of all, it's sweetened with agave. Hurrah! No sugar! It certainly helps those cravings.


Another option is to make your own fruit juice. Packaged ones are full of excess sugars and often contain preservatives that really are not that great. I tend to eat no more than two pieces of fruit per day and if I want a sweet treat, I blend a couple of pears, or a pear and an apple with ice and water. 
I have been taking it to work on days that I know I might be tempted to reach for a sugary treat. It also makes a yummy breakfast drink. 


Sugar free natural yoghurt with a scoop of Dalfour jam is a good after diner treat. The jam is totally sugar free and has big chunks of fruit in it. My favourite is the Black Cherry, which is also yummy when it's stirred into my morning porridge.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment