Thursday 10 July 2014

Kay's Make Up Routine



PRIMER

Benefit That Gal, £22.50 for 11ml and Olay 30 Second Wrinkle Filler, £12.45 for 100ml
The Wrinkle Filler is amazing and smooths skin, not only filling in wrinkles but minimising pores. That Gal is the only illuminating primer that I don't react to. It gives skin healthy sheen. 
REPURCHASE?
About to for both as I have just run out. 

EYE PRIMER

Urban Decay Primer Potion Eden, £16
Better than Paint Pots and will hold eyeliner all day, even in hot and sticky weather. I have worn it without eye shadow and it gives the eyelid an even tone. 
REPURCHASE?
Yes. I like it better than the original. 

CONCEALER

Laura Mercier Undercover Pot, £29 for 5.8g
One half is for blemishes and is the best at hiding red spots from acne scarring. The other half is for the under eye area and is a peachy creamy texture. I am so-so about this. Underneath the concealers is their setting powder, which is a good'un. 
REPURCHASE?
I have done and probably will when autumn rolls around and I need slightly more coverage. 

FOUNDATION

Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua B30 B40, £33 for 30ml
A fluid based, light-coverage foundation, which is buildable and does not tend to oxidise (certainly not on my skin). Easily blendable and is scented, which doesn't particularly bother me. Creates a lovely, natural sheen to the skin and is excellent for my dry skin type. 
REPURCHASE?
Yes, although they last a long old time. Currently switching to CC cream and MAC powder for the summer months. 

HIGHLIGHTER

MAC Prep and Prime in Radiant Rose, £18 for 3.6ml and Sleek Face Form, £9.99 for 20g
Made almost un-buy able by the Kim Kardashian contour craze, Prep and Prime Highlighter is a staple. It gives a beautiful natural highlight, which is great for any skin, especially my dry skin and in the summer, I often use it in place of a concealer. Blends beautifully – better than YSL's Touché Eclat. The Sleek highlight is a subtle shimmer that makes all the difference to the shape of the face....or the shape that is trying to be enhanced. 
REPURCHASE?
Yes, yes, yes. 

CONTOUR

Sleek Face Form, £9.99 for 20g
The best contouring set that I have tried. I prefer the bronze colour to Laguna (Sorry, Nars) and although it needs to be blended thoroughly, it is such a good contouring colour. It really defines the cheek bones. Plus, I love the price. 
REPURCHASE?
Yes but will take me a while to get through it. 

BLUSH

Sleek Pink Lemonade, £9.99
Cream and powder pinks. A flush of summer. A little goes a heck of a long way and it is easy to blend. Lasts for the long haul. 
REPURCHASE? I would like to try the range before going back to this. Greedy? Yes. Hey ho! 

BROWS

Beautiful Brows, £38
You can read a full review of my new brow must-have product here
REPURCHASE?
YES. In caps....I mean business. 

EYE SHADOW

Urban Decay Create Your Own Palette, Too Faced Chocolate Palette, Inglot, Dior quads, Sigma, MAC Build Your Own (see various reviews...more to come) 
REPURCHASE?
These are my favourite lines for shadows, with some, like the Sigma Smoke Screen, only just discovered. I am planning to buy more from all of the companies. Lord help my mortgage. 

EYELINER

MAC Fluid Gel Liner in Black Track, £15 for 3g, Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner Black, £7.99 for 10ml
I use MAC for the initial line and then fill in and define with the Maybelline. I find that the Maybelline feathers on its own. The MAC line controls it! 
RE-PURCHASE?
Yes, but I'm always on the look out for a new liner. 

MASCARA

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara, £21 for 6ml; Lancôme Hypnose, £22.50 for 6.ml; Dior Extase, £24.50 for 6ml; YSL Babydoll, £24.50 for 5ml
Estée Lauder does not budge. It's defining, dramatic and does not budge. Sometimes after cleansing three times, I have to do a fourth to get the remaining mascara residue off. Dior is great and doesn't seem to get the recognition that it deserves. I have written a post on it....I need to get on the website asap. YSL Baby Doll is dramatic and defining. The colour can wander but it creates a lovely shape and opens the eyes. It does tend to go off quicker than other mascaras. Lancôme is my every day mascara; easy to apply and easy to get off of an evening. 
REPURCHASE?
Yes to Estée Lauder and YSL. Dior, already have, several times. I also like Armani Eyes to Kill but haven't used it in a while. 

SETTING

Urban Decay Chill Spray, £20 (see separate review hereand the Laura Mercier Setting Powder, £ 29 for 11.3g
Both are good and do what they say. 
REPURCHASE?
I'm going to use MAC powder for a while. I think that my skin has got used to the products and they are not working quite as effectively as they once were. 

PERFUME

Jo Malone Peony and Blush, £40 for 30ml and Tuberose Angelica, £100 for 100ml
REPURCHASE?
Without a shadow of a doubt. Not only do they smell amazing and luxurious but the customer care at Jo Malone is traditional and quite the experience. After visiting the Covent Garden store, I received a hand written note, thanking me for visiting. I was utterly blown away. In this day and age, hand written anything is a shock, but it was such a lovely gesture. Plus, Jo Malone offer a complimentary hand and arm massage. It's advisable to book and be warned, you will want to buy every product that they use. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment