Tuesday 29 July 2014

John Frieda Precision Colour Foam

Deep Cherry Brown 3VR, £9.99

 

  


POSITIVES 

Colour shown is true to life
Easy to apply 
Clean up and wash off was simple
Minimal time to apply and for the colour to take
Does not dry the hair and frazzle the ends
Love the conditioner that comes with it
Any dye that drips or goes onto the forehead/tops of ears is easily washed off

NEGATIVES 

The way that I originally applied it (see below) 

THOUGHTS

This colour falls into the red but not unclassy red category. I have been wanting to go red since this time last year but did not want my hair to have that orange look (which, as I was growing out blonde was quite likely to happen) or be too 'in your face' red. I wanted it to be sultry but classy. 
This colour is perfect for what I wanted. 

APPLICATION

Cover the shoulders and the floor around you just in case of spillage. Put a thick layer of moisturiser (i used Yu-Be) around the hair line to prevent the dye from running. You may also wish to put this on any baby hair that still has not grown out. Yep, that's right, I am 29 and still have baby hair. 
Pour the colourant into the developer and gently move back and fourth, five times. Squeeze the bottle in the middle into your hand and apply it to the hair. I would recommend segmenting the hair, prior to applying the colour, with either bobby pins or small butterfly clips.
Apply to the roots of each section, or, if you don't want to section your hair and do not have particularly long hair, get straight to it and apply to the roots  Then, work the product through to the ends. It will almost look like you are shampooing your hair, as it does start to lather and that is completely normal.
It took me 15 minutes to do my hair and 20 minutes for the colour to take. Wash off until the water runs clear and apply the conditioner for two to five minutes, then rinse. Save the rest of the conditioner for the next few washes as it really helps to lock in moisture and preserve the colour. 

MY ORIGINAL APPLICATION 

I decided to leave the front and side of my hair and dye the underneath, as my hair has a natural auburn tint to it. In the winter, this would have probably been fine but as my hair colour had lifted from the sun, it looked odd. Not to mention the time I wasted gathering the bits of hair that I didn't want to dye vs the bits that I did. In my own chaos, I stained the carpet...twice (which has now come out). When I realised that my own colour didn't blend and that I really liked the new colour, I went back and dyed those sections of hair. Talk about creating unnecessary steps. What an idiot!

RE-PURCHASE? 

I already have in preparation for roots but I might go even more daring. I'm thinking Colour XXL. However, this could lead to even more exotic stains on the carpet. Why did I choose a cream carpet? 


Original colour. Old t-shirt on, ready to start the dying process. I have blonde at the ends of my hair and the colour covered it completely. In my opinion, I don't notice a change of colour from where the product was applied onto brown hair to the reminisces of dyed blonde. 


This is the advertised colour. 


Pretty spot on. The colour advertised is the colour that I am now parading around. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment