Wednesday 30 September 2015

Space NK Apothecary



Having said in a previous post that I wanted a Sephora near to my front door, I realised how lucky us Brits are to have Space NK. Even if we are nowhere near a store, their website is thoroughly stocked and even though there are many expensive products listed, there are some great deals and products. Brands such as Emma Hardie – that you assume would cost the earth – are actually pretty reasonably priced.

Now, in times of tightening our financial belts, I love the fact that I can pop to Boots and buy a makeup remover for £2.99 but it is nice to have a fancier option, without the feeling that you are being pressurised to buy the whole shop.

The employees are very knowledgeable about the products and seem to have a genuine interest in skincare and beauty. I don't know how, but I almost feel like it's a calming experience! Maybe it's the decor and the presentation of the products, and, as I tend to go in at non peak times, the lack of people helps too.

My favourite store is the Covent Garden one, which is located in Shelton Street. The lady that tends to help me never pushes any of the products but instead, really listens to the type of product that I am after. She also gives out really good samples, which I nearly always return to buy. Smart move Space NK! 



My favourite Space NK products/brands include: 

1. Colbert MD Ilłumino Facial Oil (I reviewed this last week and having recommended it to friends and family, they have echoed my praise for this product)
2. Kevyn Aucoin makeup range/ Nars range
3. Ren 
4. Eve Lom/Emma Hardie (see review
5. By Terry 
6. Caudalie 
7. Glam Glow (see review
8. Beauty Blender
9. Diptyque candles (to me, they are just the kings of candles)
10. Algenist

I could go on but the point is, when you are in the mood to buy something that is a bit more than the basic product, you get lovely service whilst being given specific information about the product, that up until now has never been wrong. I have never regretted purchase from here and, shamefully, I shop here more than I go food shopping! Cooking just isn't my forte.... Luckily, for Space NK, skincare and beauty are!

uk.spacenk.com 


0 comments:

Post a Comment