Saturday 15 August 2015

Christian Louboutin Lipstick Collection



Following the success of Christian Louboutin's nail polish last year, the shoe designer's next foray into the beauty world comes in the shape of a lipstick collection. And this being Louboutin, these aren't any old lipsticks, they come with some seriously elaborate packaging and a £60 price tag to match. The majority of shades are contained in gold packaging with the signature colours in black.

The collection is inspired by the Egyptian Queen Nefertiti and the Art Deco movement and comprises 38 beautiful shades in three different finishes: Silky Satin, Sheer Voile and Velvet Matte. The range of colours looks pretty impressive and I have no doubt the quality will be equally impressive. In fact the only thing I am unsure of is the little loop on the cap. While I understand that they are intended to be objects of desire as much as lipsticks, I have seen promotional images where they have ribbon looped through and can be worn as jewellery... Now I might be alone on this one, but I think that's a very quick way to cheapen a high end product!

Regardless, I am excited for these to hit the shops next month and find if they are as impressive as they look.




0 comments:

Post a Comment