Thursday 30 July 2015

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector



Today's review is for those of you who suffer with panda eyes in the morning, whether as a result of one too many late nights or just frustrating genetics! I think my problem is a combination of the two and I'm always on the lookout for products that will make me look like I've had a few extra hours shut eye.

THE PRODUCT

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector is a skin-colour eye cream that claims to instantly brighten the under eye area and visibly correct dark circles. I discovered it whilst shopping for cleanser (Kiehl's are brilliant for giving out samples of products that you might want to try) and the first thing the lady in the shop told me was that a little bit goes a very long way... she wasn't wrong!

APPLICATION

You really do need a tiny amount of this product. Used carefully it is opaque enough to cover dark areas, however this means that if you use too much it goes sort of chalky and doesn't blend in. It's not a moisturing product as such so it sits on top of the skin, hence why you only need a small amount. I'm very glad I was given this advice because had I gone in too heavy-handed I would have been complaining about the product rather than singing its praises!

RESULTS

I'll admit I was initially sceptical of the bold claims, but it really does work! It's paler than my skin tone, so in summer it's a bit too pale for me, but I use it to correct dark circles and then go in over the top with my usual toned concealer and the combination works very well. It even has SPF30, which is fantastic, because I know like many people I tend to ignore the eye area when protecting my skin from the sun!

THE VERDICT

I'm very impressed with this product and would definitely purchase it again. At £29 it is a bit expensive, but when you only need a tiny amount it will last a very long time. It's definitely worth picking up a sample if you are interested as I'm not sure it is a shade that will work on all skin tones and types.

£29 for 15ml, www.kiehls.co.uk

On a separate note, Kay has just left for sunny Florida (jealous? moi?!) so coming up over the next couple of weeks she will be sharing holiday-related posts such as beauty must-haves for travelling and tips for packing your suitcase. So keep an eye out for those!

0 comments:

Post a Comment